Plumeria cv ‘Madame Poni’
P.’Madame Poni’ is unusual in the degree of variation that can be seen in flowers on the same tree at the same time. Frequently, areas of color are completly absent. It also unusual in its rigid and twisted petals that give it somewhat of a star like appearance.
- Top: White. A central spike of Red-Purple 58C may be seen, sometimes including a greenish streak. Center is Yellow 9B.
- Bottom: A left stripe of Red-Purple 60A, may be followed by Stripe of Red-Purple 58C, then white.
- Flower Width: 10.5 cm
- Texture: Rigid
- Tendency to Fade: Moderate
- Petal Type: Narrow elliptic, twisted, pointed tip
- Fragrance: Plumeria
- Intenstiy of Fragrance: Strong
- Color: Green
- Texture: Somewhat rigid
- Leaf Border Color: Red
- Petiole Color: Green, red tint
- Shape: Oblanceolate, acuminate tip
- Length: 30.5 cm
- Width: 7.5 cm
- Pollen Parent: Unknown
- Seed Parent: Unknown
- Seed production: Average
- Branching: Good
- Growth habit: Upright, lanky
- Measured Trunk Circumference: 53 cm